EU not ready for sanctions against Hezbollah: EU’s Barroso
A nifty conceit: the EU, Hezbollah, and Lebanon
EU blacklisting of Hezbollah would disrupt financing
Bulgaria’s foreign minister is preparing to brief his European counterparts on his government’s findings into the Burgas terror attack. Bulgaria says Hezbollah was behind the attack; evidence includes “a computer printer in Beirut, DNA traces on a used SIM card and several suspicious telephone calls.”
Bulgarian authorities expelled a Hamas delegation that had arrived in Sofia on Wednesday. Hamas officials complained that Bulgaria was bowing to pressure from Israel.
Bulgaria’s Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov reiterated that Hezbollah was behind the July 2012 terror attack in Burgas. The two living suspects, now thought to be in Lebanon, “were maintaining part of Hezbollah’s structures in Canada and Australia and had contacts with other representatives” of the terror group, Tsvetanov said.
The exact relationship between the Canadian suspect and the operative who planted the bomb and was killed in the blast is currently unclear.
A Hamas delegation reportedly arrived in Bulgaria for a “ground-breaking visit” that will include meetings with Bulgarian officials. The delegation is headed by Ismail al Ashqar, who previously called for the kidnapping of Israeli soldiers and condemned the killing of Osama bin Laden. Bulgaria’s foreign ministry has denied that the delegation is coming.
Bulgaria provided Lebanon with a detailed report on the Burgas terror attack, which it says was carried out by Hezbollah. The names of the two primary suspects have also been given to Europol. Bulgaria has asked Europol as well as Lebanon to help in apprehending the two suspects, who are believed to be living in […]
Officials from several countries are said to be trying to find two members of Hezbollah alleged to be behind the Burgas terror attack. Meanwhile, new details on the attack have been released by those involved in the investigation.
Foreign Minister Mladenov countered those who questioned the decision to publicly blame Hezbollah for the Burgas terror attack. “If Bulgaria did not have enough arguments to announce yesterday that the traces in this attack lead to Hezbollah’s military wing, we would not have done it,” Mladenov said. The EU will consider adding Hezbollah to its […]
Bulgaria’s Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov announced that the identity of three of those involved in the attack is known and that at least two of them are members of Hezbollah.
Bulgaria is prepared to release an investigative report that will blame Hezbollah and Iran for the Burgas terror attack that killed five Israeli tourists and one Bulgarian national.
Unlike US, Europe Has Few Limits on Hezbollah
Authorities published a computer-generated image of a suspected accomplice in the Burgas suicide bombing. Both the suicide bomber and the suspected accomplice had fake Michigan driver’s licenses.
Authorities arrested two wanted terrorists as they tried to enter Bulgaria from Romania. Mohmad Gadamouri, a Chechen linked to a terror attack in Ingushetia in 2003, was carrying a document from Germany certifying his refugee status. The other man, a Turk named Erkan Polater, had similar documentation from the Netherlands.
Specialists have made in an image of the face of the suicide bomber who killed five Israeli tourists and a Bulgaria bus driver in Burgas. The suicide bomber’s head was decapitated and mutilated in the blast.
Bulgaria makes image of suicide bomber’s face
A security official said Hezbollah is suspected in the recent suicide bombing of a bus in Burqas. Bulgaria’s former intelligence chief said his country has had “very concrete information that organizations like Hezbollah and structures connected to Al Qaeda … were ready to prepare attacks” since 2006.
Witnesses to last week’s suicide bombing in Burqas told investigators that the bomb was detonated remotely by a controller. Local media are reporting that the bomber came from Belgium and may have been Belgian.
Prime Minister Boyko Borisov said the team that carried out last week’s suicide bombing was “extremely experienced” and appeared to have arrived in Bulgaria a month before the attack. The European Union denied Israel’s request to list Hezbollah as a terrorist organization; Israel blames Iran and its proxy, Hezbollah, for the bombing.
Bulgaria bomber ‘experienced’ and had accomplices, says prime minister
Bulgaria bomber ‘had female companion’
Israel alert for attacks abroad, eyeing Olympics
Qaedat al-Jihad claims responsibility for Bulgaria suicide attack
New York police link nine 2012 plots to Iran, proxies
Israeli officials say Iran will face retaliation for killing of tourists in Bulgaria
Seven people were killed in a blast on a bus carrying Israeli tourists at the airport in the city of Burgas. One witness said the attack was carried out by a suicide bomber; the report has not been confirmed.