The Taliban issued yet another statement condemning the killing of 16 Afghans by a rogue US soldier in Panjwai, Kandahar. In the latest statement, released at Voice of Jihad [large portions are reproduced below] and signed by the “Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan,” the Taliban said they would “cut off the heads of your murderous sadistic troops in every corner of the country in revenge for the martyrdom of every single Afghan and we shall not desist from utilizing any means for this purpose.”
Keep in mind that the Taliban are issuing such statements designed to escalate violence (as they did in the latest Koran-burning incident) while the US is hoping to negotiate a peace deal with them. In fact, even as the Taliban issue statements such as the one below, the US is more than prepared to release five senior Taliban leaders who have deep links with al Qaeda. An Afghan delegation visited Guantanamo Bay last week and said the five Taliban prisoners would accept a release to Qatari custody. The US has asked for nothing in return, not even the release of Bowe Bergdahl, the only US soldier in Taliban custody. And once it releases the five Taliban prisoners, the US will get nothing in return from the Taliban, with the exception of statements like the one released today or another mocking the US’s peace efforts.
From the Taliban’s latest statement, at Voice of Jihad:
The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan issued an official statement in the initial phases of this atrocity but deems it necessary to elucidate its position after the unjustifiable explanations and interpretations conjured by the Americans:
- The American invaders are claiming that a single mentally-ill soldier was the perpetrator of this unambiguous crime and consider it as an individual transgression and unintentional action in order to protect themselves from legal action. But according to witnesses and the scale of the crime scene, it becomes clear that this was not act of a deranged individual but rather the actions of a group which was intentional and pre-planned. All the cautionary military steps were also taken including the use of air-power. Therefore all the international right groups and judicial organs should treat them as war criminals and they should be handed over to the heirs of the martyrs for Qisas Bil-misl (death for killing/life for life) in accordance with criminal law.
- The occupying Americans claim that there were only 16 people killed in this massacre but according to witnesses and the number of observed funerals, that number is far exceeded, the heirs of whom demand justice for their dead from the murderers.
- The American invaders once again extended empty apologies to relieve themselves of this crime and for it to be forgotten. Instead of seeking forgiveness from the families of the victims, it sent apologies to its puppet Karzai which in itself is a crime and which will not be accepted by the Afghan people in any circumstance.
- Karzai, his stooge regime’s insensate members and the puppet provincial officials, as the defenders of the American invaders, are shedding crocodile tears as sign of sympathy with the victims and on the other hand, are brushing off this crime as an ordinary incident with a few empty words. They have even banned the courageous people of Kandahar and the country from taking to the streets which clearly demonstrates their utter hypocrisy besides it being considered as rubbing salt on the victim’s wounds.
- The Islamic Emirate, as the defenders of the legitimate rights of the oppressed Afghan people, once again warns the American savages that its Mujahideen will not be content except by avenging its oppressed countrymen. With the divine help of Allah Almighty, we shall cut off the heads of your murderous sadistic troops in every corner of the country in revenge for the martyrdom of every single Afghan and we shall not desist from utilizing any means for this purpose.
- Similarly, the Islamic Emirate would like to remind the people of America and its allies including NATO that this unforgiving crime of your soldiers depicts a very clear picture of your human rights and human sympathy to the Afghans and the entire world!!! It clearly shows your anti-human conduct against defenseless Afghans from afar. You must understand that with such crimes, you have played the role of the true inheritors of the Nazi’s and not that of peace-keepers but pay strict attention, if you do not control your stubborn governments then such actions will cost you a very hefty price.